Thursday, February 9, 2012

Looking for a City...

A couple weekends ago we went up to McCall with three of our good friend couples. A friend of our friends owns a couple of cabins just past McCall. We parked at the trail head early Thursday morning and then had to snowmobile in 25 miles to get to the cabin. It was such a gorgeous, sunny, albeit cold weekend. When we got up around 7:30am it was a cool -20. We spent both days snowmobiling and rode about five miles to a hot spring. It felt so good on our cold, sore muscles.

The evenings were spent eating delicious food(Jefferson ate that whole steak... I felt like we were on The Great Outdoors)
and playing some fun games. Not to brag, but Jefferson and I won the newly wed game. We also stayed up way too late both nights watching movies and eating treats.
Saturday we ate breakfast, cleaned up a bit, packed and headed back down the mountain. It was so cold on the ride back that my goggles iced over on the inside. I had to stop a couple of times to scrape them off.We had such a great time! We flew Jefferson's mom in to tend the kids. She just adores her grandkids and she was the perfect baby sitter. Our kids were all alive and happy when we got home and immediately asked when we were going to go away again so that Gramitchy could stay with them. We couldn't have done it without her, so major kudos to Teri. Thanks! I wish we had some pictures from their weekend together. The kids made it to school okay both days. Friday afternoon they met Ashlee and her kids at Just Kidin' Around and then went back to Ashlee's for pizza, donuts, and a sleepover. I think it's safe to assume that they had fun.

4 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Oh my gosh! Looks like a blast!

Pieces of me... said...

What a fun trip! Snowmobiling sounds so adventerous :)... it's been over 20 yrs since I've ridden on one of those!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Hooray for kid free weekends with friends! I gotta get me one of those.

Dyan said...

What a fun escape! I've never been snowmobiling...looks like a blast!!