Saturday, May 12, 2012

Baby brother...


Some people have asked whether we got a good "boy" shot to be sure we really are having a boy. Take a look for yourself. And that wasn't even the best shot, but it was the one that has the nice little arrow to direct you to his manhood. :)
Our ultrasound was so awesome. They always are. I did have a little sad bone to think that it would be my last one, and last gender reveal. We took Carter and Andi with us and they were really excited... for about the first five minutes, until we found out what we were having, and then the rest of it wasn't near as interesting, looking at the brain and heart and back and doing measurements. They were very well behaved and did enjoy watching baby brother kick. He kept tucking his feet in and then kicking his legs out straight, over and over again. This explains all the movement we have felt so early on. I may have cried just a little bit, especially when we found out it was a boy. He did a little somersault at first and we caught a split second of a bum shot and I didn't see anything right away, so I kind of thought maybe it was a girl after all. And I would have been thrilled. But then baby settled down a little and we got a couple of good parts pictures. He was a busy little boy in there and once again, it was so magical to watch this little being who is growing inside of me. I feel so blessed and thrilled to be having another baby and even more excited to be having a boy. Carter is so excited! He keeps saying that he can't wait to hold his baby boy. It's going to be something special. And, as always, we are open to any and all name suggestions that you may have. I have a top three already, but I like options.

3 comments:

Dyan said...

Yep, there's no mistaking it with boy shots! Are you going to go with a president name? Lincoln, Pierce, Nixon, Grant, Hayes....Obama? haha, please no!

Dyan said...

Or you could always go with Mitt :)

Pieces of me... said...

How exciting! Congrats! I understand Carter's excitement... having a buddy is something special ;)