Saturday, February 23, 2008

Family Day

Jefferson has had young men's activities the last two Saturdays, with a fireside, temple trip, and regular Wednesday activities on top of that. So, when they had another Saturday activity today, he just decided to bring the family along. It was a combined activity with the young women: snow tubing at Mt. Hood! We had such a great time. There were feet upon feet of snow up there and it was a warm, sunny day. The sledding hill was so steep! Jefferson only braved it down with Carter once. Carter liked it, but we opted for a little shorter, less steep, safer route the next time. After tubing we ate chili and headed home. On the way home we swung by Dairy Queen for a soft serve vanilla ice cream cone (the way to my heart)... you can see the damage in the bottom picture. :)






Andi all bundled up.



















Carter loving the winter wonderland.

















Trying to take a family picture in this picturesque location... Carter and Andi were not cooperating.













Enjoying his soft serve- YUM!

6 comments:

Maylin said...

That's awesome that you guys went along--looks like fun!

Dyan said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you and the kiddos went along instead of spending the day at home fuming! :) Andi's snowsuit is adorable!

Dyan said...

Oh, and yay to soft serve vanilla cones. I like mine with a little soft rainbow sprinkles too! Yum!

Kendra said...

Dani!!! This is Kendra. And I'm am MORE than thrilled to discover your cover of the blogging world and see darling pictures of your beautiful family! I'm glad to see that life is happy and wonderful for you. I sure wish all of us old roommates could get together for lunch. Anyway, hope that all is happy for you!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like a great time! I would have loved to have seen Carter in the snow! And I love Andi's snowsuit as well, even though she can't move her limbs in it. What is a Christmas Story? :)

Jessie said...

thats so nice that you got to go to the activity!