Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One of those days...

In a good way! Usually when people say that, it's not a good thing. But we've had a couple of really good days. Last night, Andi woke up and screamed for an hour. We are both pretty stubborn, so I sat in bed fuming, listening to her scream, and she just kept on screaming. This was from 2:30-3:30 in the morning. Mind you, she has been sleeping through the night since about two months old, so this is not normal. You are probably thinking, maybe she is teething, maybe she is growing and was hungry, but at 2:30 in the morning when all you want to do is sleep, those things don't matter! I won. Andi finally gave up and went back to sleep, and I snuggled back into my covers for the remainder of the night. I was terrified that was going to be a type and shadow of things to come the next day. Not to worry.

We had a pretty lazy movie marathon morning in our pajamas. We just signed up for the Disney Movie Club so we got six new DVDs in the mail to watch. (for only $25! total!) Carter was glued to the tv watching "fish moomie" (Finding Nemo) and "Kitty" (Monsters Inc.(Boo calls Sully "Kitty")). We are not real big movie watchers in our house, so this was a real treat for Carter. The kids were angels.

On top of our relaxing morning, I think Andi may finally be evening out, temper wise. She is really just a big mama's girl and doesn't like to be left on the floor, let alone, left in a room by herself for even a second. (Will the day ever come when I get to pee in peace?!) She is finally rolling again. She rolled a few times right around 5 months or so, and then stopped for the last three, and is starting again. She is also starting to scoot around on the floor, going for toys and whatnot. It's about time! I think she'll be so happy when she's a little more mobile. She was pretty content this morning though, doing some quality tummy time without screaming.

Carter is at a screaming phase for nap time. It's been for about five days. The first day he screamed in his crib for about 45 minutes. Just screaming as loud and as hard as he can. I don't know how he has a voice left. That was the worst day, and the rest of the days he has been screaming for about 30 minutes. Not today... he gave a really weak cry for about ten minutes was all and took a nice, long, two hour nap. I was so on top of things that I got dinner ready during nap time, so all I had to do was pop it into the oven thirty minutes before Jefferson got home. (check out the recipe below... you are going to want to try this!)

After nap time was park time! Portland has been so beautiful the past few days, sunny and 60! I can taste spring! All of our friends ended up down at the park with us and all the kids ran around playing so nicely. I forget how much sunshine and fresh air makes me happy... not to mention how happy it makes my kids! Andi sat on a blanket, pretty as a picture, and Carter got his wiggles out. Then we came home to a clean kitchen with dinner ready to pop into the oven. I love it when I feel so put together. It was a great day.


Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce:

Mix:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsps lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice
3 cloves garlic, pressed
Marinade 1 1/2 pounds chicken (cut into 1 inch pieces) for 30 minutes in mixture

Cook in a 9 inch square pan at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes

Dipping sauce:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk together and serve on side to dip chicken into

Serve chicken over rice.

6 comments:

Ben said...

Sounds like fun. We've been loving the sun too. Where are the pictures?! I've heard of a recipe similar to that before, it sounds good. Sharon will have to try it some time.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

My recipe! I forgot about that one! Thanks for reminding me of it.

I agree with Ben - let's get some pictures of the kiddies up! :) I can't get enough!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a fun day. I will definitely have to try that recipe, sounds good. Thanks Dani....and Summer!

Ie Li said...

I love satay! It's my favorite Indonesian/Thai dish. My mother used to make it for us. I'm jealous of your 60 degree weather. It's 30 degrees over here and windy with no snow to play in.

Jessie said...

mmmmmm that sounds delish!

Trujillo family said...

I love the weather too and I know our boys are ready to get out and play!! The recipe looks delish and I going to try it. thanks for the tips on feeding my picky eaters too. I would love you to babysit but I don't want to get your kiddos sick. But maybe this weekend, Andy has the couple that are going to be working for him coming into town so we may do something. thanks Dani. See ya tonight!!