Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Carter!

Birthday: 1st Birthday: 2nd Birthday:



I cannot believe that my little baby boy is 2 years old. I am sure that I will say that with each passing year. I mean, not that he's 2, but that he's another year older.






I thought that since Carter turned two, I would list two things that I love about him.... just kidding! That wouldn't be near enough. Here are some of my favorite moments of our life with Carter over the last two years....


*The first time I felt him move in my belly. That was so magical.


*Seeing him for the first time. That is true joy; to see your flesh and blood for the first time and know that you have created and grown this baby. Indescribable.



*Those first few days and nights. We were truly first time parents because new babies sleep so much those first few weeks. So every time Carter would open his eyes at 2:30 in the morning, I would wake Jefferson up and we would turn on the lights and ooh and aah over how cute Carter looked with his eyes open. I know, we were stupid.


*The first night at home with Carter, Jefferson was changing Carter's diaper, pretty much in the dark, and all of a sudden Carter peed all over Jefferson, up his arm, everywhere. When we turned on the light to clean up, we discovered that it wasn't actually pee, but little baby poo, in a not so little way.


*When he said his first word, "dog." He would crawl over to the window at my parent's house and look out the window at the dog and just keep saying it over and over again. He would over enunciate the "g" so it turned out, "do-guh."


*When Carter took his first steps. He went from crawling to walking over night. Just a week before Andi was born he decided to walk and walked about 11 steps across the living room out of the blue. Tricky little guy.


*After Andi was born Carter would always check in with her about every ten minutes and just go to wherever she was at and give her a kiss.


*He pluralizes a lot of things and it makes me laugh. "Come heres." He calls his stuffed animal bear "Bears." He wants "waters." He would like "mores."

*About a half year ago Carter was laughing and rolling around on the couch and he rolled right off. Jefferson and I could not stop laughing. He just sat up all dazed and confused and then hopped right back on the couch.


*A few months ago when I was doing dishes, Jefferson rolled up a towel and gave my bum a swat. Carter was apparently watching because a few minutes later I feel something hitting the back of my leg and Carter is hitting me with a towel. They are always watching!


*We have a rule in our house that you can only throw balls in the house. So, last Thanksgiving we were decorating the Christmas tree at my parent's house and Carter reached into one of the tubs, grabbed a huge glass ornament and yelled, "ball!" and then proceeded to throw it on the wood floor, where it shattered. It was so funny, and how could I be mad? He obeyed the rule.


*The first time Carter pulled himself up to stand was during naptime. So when he couldn't figure out how to get down he cried. We went in and put him down a couple of times, but he always just stood back up and then start to cry when he couldn't get down. So we left him in there, crying, for the full duration of his nap.... about 1 1/2 hours. It was so sad, but I am a stickler about naptimes. After we got him out of his nap, it took only about five minutes of sitting on my lap before he was sound asleep. It was very yummy.

*That time I caught Carter peeking out his bedroom window during naptime watching the cars. (just a few posts ago). That was a priceless look of surprise.
*Carter went through a stage where every morning when I would go to get him up he would have his animals wrapped in his blanket, holding them like a baby.

*Every once in a while he will just go around the room and pat everyone on the back.

*He knows how to "pound it" and "quarter pound it."

*A little over a month ago we were driving home from Stake Conference and Andi was crying/whining in her car seat when Carter just started saying, over and over again, "Shut up Andi. Andi, shut up." Jefferson and I could not stop laughing. Of course, it wasn't funny, but funny to hear it come out of his little mouth. "Shut up" are naughty words in our house, so we don't say them. We're not quite sure where he picked it up, but "Toy Story," Carter's favorite movie, might be to blame. Tsk, tsk.

There are so many more that I could share. This little boy has brought so much joy and laughter into our lives. I can't wait to see what these next few years bring. Happy birthday Carter!




4 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

what a proud mom you must be - i hope my kids are as a much as a joy to me as carter and are to you. happy birthday! loves

suzanne said...

I love how Carter laughs.....I remember when Gray had the t-shirt stuck on his head and CArter was soooo tired and just punch drunk. He laughed and weaved around the room and tried to pull it off. I loved being there for the first precious nights at home. Little nakey nakey boy in the trunk with the lights on him. I could hardly stand it. I loved when he played in my sink. I love when he sweeps for me. I love how he loves Moki until Moki loves him back. I love his eyelashes. I love that he knows who I am. I will never forget the first time he truly remembered me from one visit to the next. He just came crawling towards the door when he saw me. YUMMY! There are at least a million more reasons! Happy Birthday Carter Mac! Gpa and Gma truly love you!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I can't believe he is two! He is such a sweet little boy!

Loves to little CMack from his favorite aunt!

Ie Li said...

Happy Birthday Carter!