Monday, April 7, 2008

Mommy moment: blind boy

With Carter in a twin bed now, we can't control what he does in his room once we close the door. I am pretty much ok with him playing around before/after he goes to sleep so long as he sounds like he is under control. So last night I heard some noises that sounded like the blinds banging around. Jefferson swore it was only a toy because Carter's window is about four feet up on the wall or so, so not really at a good height for Carter to play with. I decided to go outside, walk around to Carter's window and take a look for myself. As I approached his window I just busted up laughing. Carter had climbed up onto the rocking chair and pulled the curtain and blinds over his head so that he was just peering outside watching the cars. He was sure surprised to see me at his window! Oh how I wished I had my camera. We went in and moved the glider away from the window. No more night time car watching for Carter.

6 comments:

suzanne said...

I would have loved to see his surprised little face!

Hayley Hatch said...

I can just picture the look of surprise on his face when you appeared :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

What a smart boy! I bet that look was priceless!

Jessie said...

that is so funny!!

Momma K said...

I love it. That's too funny. You're a brave woman just shutting the door and letting him go!

Sharon said...

That is so funny! Carter and his naps/bedtime crack me up. I am already nervous to put Gray in a bed.