Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ca-Chow!

I promised Carter that after naptime he could put on his Lightning McQeen underwear that we bought him a while back. I didn't really know if he would remember, but first thing out of his mouth when I got him up was, "I wear lightning McQueen mama?" I said sure thing. So, I put them on expecting the worst. Carter goes potty twice a day and always goes pee, but he still goes in his diaper all the time too. Anyways, he started to go in his underwear while I was making dinner and he says, "Uh-oh, I pee in Lightning McQueen mama." But he stopped going and I whisked him off to the bathroom where he finished on the potty and then did the same thing later. I was thrilled! The fact that he knew to stop and actually finished on the potty was a big step! We are out and about tomorrow morning, but hopefully we'll progress throughout the week.

Carter has also become the king of stalling at bedtime or naptime. It starts off that he'll just say "I don't want to go to bed" and run away. Then he'll ask if he can sleep on the couch. Next, once we finally get his teeth brushed and prayers said, he'll say he wants a drink, then he will lay down in bed and say "Carry me mama" because Jefferson usually puts him down in bed and it's not good enough for me just to lean over and give Carter a kiss and a hug, I have to pick him up. His final attempt at escaping bedtime first came last night when I heard Carter wailing from his room, "I want bunny!" Bunny? His stuffed animal? I have no idea what he is crying about. So I go in his room and he's saying "funny", "Make a funny face at the door mama." Sometimes when I leave the room I will act like I am closing the door and then swing it open really fast and make a funny face and it makes Carter and Andi laugh. So now I have to make a funny face at the door every night and also warn him that "This is the last time and then I am done." This is ridiculous. 

Carter also loves quoting "Toy Story" and "Cars." Here's a little clip. It's not his best, but you get the gist:

As for Andi, she is finally showing some signs of interest in girly things. She has attached herself to one of my purses and insists on wearing it around the house at all times, even though she has to raise her arm in the air the whole time to keep it on her shoulder. She is also loving cell phones and keys. All she needs is a credit card now and she'll be good to go. 

Her vocabulary is growing slowly. She can say: yeah, please, baby, bear, mama, thank you (da-eeh), and makes animal noises for a duck, cow, cat, lion, and horse. She is a pro at walking and loves "chasing" Carter around, even though he laps her. It's fun to watch those two play together more and more every day. 

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Make me laugh......Ca Chow!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Good for Carter! He will be potty trained before you know it! I love little girly Andi too! I think that Paige and Andi could be best friends

Maylin said...

Don't get McQueen wet....

That bedtime routine sounds extensive and exhausting...I guess it oughta do the trick!

Work it, Andi!