This past week Andi and I took off, leaving our boys behind, to go down to Utah to "help" my sister, Summer, with her first baby. I have never met someone so prepared for motherhood, nor have I met someone more suited to be a mom. My sister is sickeningly patient (in a very good way), so gentle, soft spoken, and did I mention patient? Reece is one lucky little girl!
We mostly just hung out, fixed meals, went on little walks, and tried to keep Reece awake to eat. Andi loves her new little cousin and walked around saying "baby, baby" all day long. She was a good little helper too. Whatever was left sitting around she would pick up and hand to whoever the item belonged to. If we set it down, she would just pick it up and hand it to us again; binkis, phones, drinks, books...
We got to see some family while we were down there and meet up with my good friend Jackie (see the post below). My mom was down there the first day, and then at the end of the week my dad came into town, along with my brother and his wife. It was fun to be there and to see my sister finally get to be a mom! Congratulations Josh and Summer! I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas to see you all again. It was way too hard leaving today!
Thank you Jefferson for supporting me and letting us go down there for a whole week of your break! I love you and am so glad that I get to sleep next to you tonight! :)
8 comments:
Andi looks so "old" next to her baby cousin!
Sisters and newborns! So fun! Andi looks so big with her pigtails and all!
What a beautiful baby!! Congratulations Summer!!
Your 'help' was invaluable! We wouldn't have survived very well last week without you. A HUGE thank you to you and Jefferson for you being here to help us. We appreciate it so much! It was so fun to spend time with you and Moo, and I can't wait to see you again soon!
Love you!
So fun! You all look fabulous. And Andi...when did she turn like twenty? Maybe it's the little tiny one next to her, or her hair that's finally growing long, but she looks too old! Too cute! Oh, and I think she looks more like Carter all of a sudden too.
It looks like so much fun! I loved the pictures at Gardner village of Andi! I love that place, especially around this time of year.
So cute. I just love new babies. That is so fun you got to be there. Andi really does look huge next to Reece.
Awwww, new mom, how sweet. She looks really happy :) I like the name she chose. What a nice break you got to have! Ill have to check out that pumpkin place next year when we're in Utah.
Post a Comment