Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!



We had such a fabulous Halloween this year! Jefferson was at school until 4 and the kids were super excited to get dressed up when daddy got home so I decided to have some activities to make the morning go by faster. First we decorated pumpkin cupcakes. They are super delicious and apparently the name "pumpkin cupcakes" is too long for Carter to spit out so he has nicknamed them "pumcakes." I love it so the name is going to stick. We decorated pumcakes:

Then, since we never got around to carving pumpkins (which is a good thing because I noticed a few days ago that ours are already going soft and they haven't even been carved) we decorated our own pumpkins with the fun stickers grandma and grandpa got the kids:


Finally it was time to go party the night away. We got all dolled up and headed to Halloween party #1 that our friends the Kemp's hosted. They decorated a ton and we just ate snacks and talked for the little bit that we were there:


Then this marked the first Halloween that our kids have been trick-or-treating. Carter was a bit skeptical at the first door. The lady was already sitting on her porch and when she tried putting the candy in Carter's pumpkin he snatched it out of her hands because he wanted to hold it; I think to examine if indeed Mom and Dad were telling the truth about everyone giving out candy. (insert Jerry Seinfeld clip here)  He quickly figured out that it was real candy and not just an impostor and proceeded to run to the next door, literally. He loved trick-or-treating!

After about an hour of that we headed to Halloween party #2 at the Ward's. We had a great time munching on scones and all the different kinds of soups. The kids were entertained with their candy and a Halloween movie so the grownups could sit in the dining room and talk. Jefferson got a lot of laughs at his costume and scared some little old lady half to death when that deep voice came out of what she seriously thought was a woman. I don't think she looked too closely at Jefferson at the door, but when he started to talk, she jumped and then just laughed and laughed. Good times had by all. Here is the star quarterback (ok, lineman) and his head cheerleader: 



To finish off our Halloween festivities, Carter and Andi wanted to try on our costumes, only they actually got the genders right: 


14 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween. I love ALL of your costumes....Jefferson's cracks me up! So fun!

Trevor and Angie said...

HAHA, I love the costumes you and Jefferson wore. He makes a really pretty girl!!:) Awesome Idea! Your little ones looked so cute too! Looks like you had a blast!!

suzanne said...

Great costumes by all. Jefferson, Jefferson...........Next thing we know you'll be snapping and doing dance fighting! Andi in the wig - tehe!

Maren B said...

Wow, seeing you and Jefferson side by side makes it all the more perfect. Hilarious.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Love all the costumes! So fun!

PS - I totally just bought Reece that shirt that Andi is wearing, and the matching pants, for next fall! Good taste! :)

Anonymous said...

how fun! Jefferson's costume just made me laugh! haha

Jessie said...

Great costumes! I love when the hubby and wife match!

Miche said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love Andi's bow. Did you make it?

Shauna said...

love the costumes!!!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

I am loving it. Jeff get some clothes! Hey that is better than those shorts you and Rick used to wear for basketball. Ha! Andi is getting way to gorgeous!

Jeff and Amy said...

Way festive & fun! Now that Porter is getting older I need to go more all out with holidays. Our Halloween seemed way boring compared to yours!

Sister Harmon said...

Nice Jeff, nice...

Dyan said...

Cheerleader with chest hair...hmmm...Grandpa J would be proud at least! For the rest of us we'll just leave it with disturbingly funny!! Very fun! And of course the kiddies look extra cute and looks like you had a festive filled day!

Trujillo family said...

Love the costumes!! It looked like tons of fun!