Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tag- I'm it!

I altered this a little so there were 8 things of 8- what can I say, I love talking about myself! :) The lists of 8 are in no particular order.

8 Favorite TV Shows:
1: The Office
2. Fringe
3. Til Death
4. So You Think You Can Dance
5. American Idol
6. Bones
7. House
8. Everybody Loves Raymond

8 Favorite Movies:
1. White Christmas
2. Dan in Real Life
3. Notting Hill
4. Sleepless in Seattle
5. Cabaret
6. Elf
7. Bourne movies
8. Hairspray

8 Quirks about you
1. When I am done getting ready I tilt my head to the right and take a final look at myself. Jefferson pointed this out to me after we first got married. 
2. One of my ears is a different shape than the other- great, now I'm going to be self conscious about it when everyone starts to look at my ears!
3. I have a serious phobia of moths. I would take spiders or snakes over moths any day. I don't know if it's the size of their hairy little bodies or their unpredictable flight pattern, but they freak me out.
4. I hate getting my blood pressure taken. I would rather have a shot. 
5. I sometimes don't know if I said what I was thinking or I just thought it. It drives Jefferson crazy.
6. I break down into hysterical fits of laughter at random. We're talking pain in the side, can't breath, tears streaming, laughing- over nothing! Literally. It happened a lot more frequently when I was younger, like in high school, but it happened two nights ago during scripture reading with Jefferson. It was so bad that we just closed our books and threw in the towel for the night.
7. I narrate my life in my head during the day. Like everything I do is a blog entry in my head. I don't know if it's the hidden journalist in me, or the obsessive blogger in me. I wish that I had a tape recorder up there to record my life story. 
8. I can't bite into a banana. I hate the fuzzy feeling it leaves on my teeth, so I have to break off bites and then pop them into my mouth.

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Went to playgroup at Carolyn's! We live for our playgroup. I love my friends and my kids love their kids- it's perfect!
2. Had a YW presidency meeting to finish up planning for our YW in Excellence on Wednesday.
3. Had my haircut cancelled because my lady threw out her back. I almost cried, literally, when she called to tell me. I need a hair cut!!!
4. Had my old lady card club where I got to use their cuddlebugs. I am addicted- I want one for Christmas or my birthday or just because I am an awesome wife and mom. (ok, that last one might be pushing it)
5. I ate a spider leg- long story, but it was on accident.
6. Consequently made a sound that sounded like a caribou (according to Jefferson) as I tried to get the spider leg out of my throat, which made me....
7. Laugh so hard that I cried...
8. My husband looked at me like I was crazy and now calls me spiderwoman. :)

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. Owning my very own house
2. Growing old with Jefferson and watching the fruits of our labors as our kids have kids.
3. Christmas!
4. Being pregnant again
5. Thanksgiving with my parents
6. Monday playgroups!
7. Vacations with my family
8. Having a yard!

8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. Muchas Gracias
2. Pita Pit
3. Olive Garden (for their pasta y figioli soup)
4. Mongolian Grill (most of the ones I have tried I have loved)
5. Cafe Pier Pont (if only for the memories)
6. Schlotzky's Deli
7. Baja Fresh
8. Rodizio (picture all the meat you can eat of all different kinds- I am a meat and potatoes kind of gal, what can I say?)

8 Things on my wish list
1. A house
2. A second honeymoon with Jefferson
3. A king sized bed- with a bedroom set
4. A cuddlebug 
5. My very own craft room, custom designed by me
6. Endless sky miles so I can travel wherever I want, whenever I want
7. A heated swimming pool
8. A new car for Jefferson

8 people I tag 
1. Alli
2. Dyan
3. Tory
4. Heather
5. Ashlee
6. Michelle
7. Amy
8. Jessica

7 comments:

Claire said...

I Love Whit Christmas too! I made Steve watch it last year and I'm think I'm going to try and make him watch it again... maybe one day he will come to love it too.

Miche said...

I know, I know. I have been such a slacker in the blogging world. I will get pics up soon! I will also do the tag if I can think of that many things!:) I have been getting up at 5:40 every morning, is that any sort of an excuse for not blogging all that much?:)

Tori said...

I hate moths, too. (also birds) It was fun reading your list :) Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Sam said...

You're missing quirk numero ocho!! Also, I don't know if I mentioned this, but I killed a moth in brazil that was easily the size and weight of large baseball. I thought about wrapping it up and sending it home to you. But then I realized that you would never forgive me and might even die right there due to cardiac arrest.

And go Rodizio!! Brazilian food is the best!!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Very funny blog post spider woman. I would have paid money to see that.

Dani said...

I don't know what happened to quirk #8, but I added it up there. Thanks for not sending the moth to me Sam... that would have been the end of me!

Tory said...

I got a kick out of the moth thing also. To this day everytime I see one the first thing I think is, "Danielle hates those".