Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bye-bye Binky!

We decided that two was the age that the binky had to go bye-bye for Miss Moo. So, Saturday night was Andi's first night without it. She asked for it and we said, in a very positive voice, "You don't need a binky! You're a big girl!" And that was that. She played with Carter in their room for a little and went to sleep without a peep. Naptime was next on Sunday. She cried for less than ten minutes, and then just sat in there and talked and sang for about another fifteen minutes and then was out like a light. That has been the story ever since. She is amazing. Today, before naptime, Andi looked at me and said, "I binky?" And I said, "Do you need a binky?" To which she replied, "No! I'm a big girl!" It was pretty cute. The end.

Moomoo for my Moo compliments of Grandma Z. Isn't it too cute?!

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! That is impressive. Glad she didn't have a hard time with it. She looks so cute in that Moomoo!

Hannah said...

I love it! She looks adorable!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Way to go Moo! :)

Amanda said...

That dress is so cute! she is so beautiful! and way to go on the binky.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Good job little Moo! And she looks adorable!

Maren B said...

That is crazy that you just posted that--yesterday Eva's paci was coming apart so we took advantage and made her watch us cut it up and say, "Byebye, Paci!" She took a while to fall asleep but she understood that it was gone. I'm looking forward to not depending on that thing! Way to go baby girls!

Jenny said...

Ha, we're taking the binky away right now too. Unfortunately, ours isn't going quite so well:) She's adorable!

Dyan said...

Cold turkey is definately the way to go! Too bad you can't do that with thumbs (Evan)...we're going to force the paci on the twins and never let their thumbs get near their mouths!

Maylin said...

Aloha Andi! She looks super cute! Great job on the binky and happy belated birthday.

Jeff and Amy said...

Andi is just too cute! Love the dress on her!

Pieces of me... said...

Way to go ANDI! Sometimes we think it's just going to be the end of the world when we take away those binkys (at least I did), but then they surprise us... they probably didn't need it anyway... it was just for me. :)

Anonymous said...

that moomoo is darling! and no binky! Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

I was having major problems with my son's binky addiction! My friend absolutely raved about the cut method, and all of the psychology behind it. She emailed me a link to a site that has a free publication ( www.bye-bye-binky.com -supported by advertisements) on dropping the binky, so I tried it. Very cool stuff, worked beautifully for my son. Four days later he did not want anything to do with his binky. Highly recommended! I am also interested in others experiences with this method.... Bella