We blessed Tay on September 20th, our last Sunday in our ward. We wanted to do it where we knew our ward and where more family would be able to attend. It was well represented by my side of the family. We had my parents, Ben and Sharon, and Alli and Nic all there. It's the most family we've had at a baby blessing so far. It was such a beautiful blessing. Jefferson is so good at speaking with the spirit. And finally, somebody who spoke loud enough for the congregation to hear the blessing!! Tay was blessed with many wonderful things, among them to be an example to those around her, to maintain her health and proper growth, as well as her calm spirit, she was blessed to find a worthy companion by the guidance of the spirit who will take her to the temple, and she was blessed to look to her mother to know how a daughter of God should be. (No pressure on me). :)
It was a lovely day and after church we went to a park and had a picnic and let the kids run around and play. It was a warm, beautiful day, so just perfect for our plans.
After the picnic it was time for goodbyes. I did not handle them well to say the least, and if you look at the picture of us ladies, you'll notice we are all red and swollen eyed from the tears. (sneaky of you to leave your glasses on Mom!)
The boys eyes were pretty dry, but I could tell they were crying inside... ok, maybe not, but all the menfolk do get along great, so I know they will all be semi-sad not to be as close.
And best of friends, the little cousins. I hope they have some memories of all their fun times together.
8 comments:
Yay! What a great weekend! So sad to say goodbye. Stinker mom leaving her glasses on - we all had to show our puffy teary eyes.
Thanks for letting us be there for the special occasion! It was such a wonderful day! Little Taytum looks darling in her little dress.
What beautiful children you have! I love baby blessings, especially with lots of family!
What a pretty little girl Taytum is! I love the last picture of the cousins together!
It makes me sad looking at these knowing you had to say goodbye! At least you already have plans to see everyone again though, that helps. Taytum's blessing and blessing day sound so special. And she looks like such a little thing poking through all that dress...so cute!
Beautiful little girl. I wish we could have been there. I can't wait to live close and be able to be there for the next baby blessing. We love you guys.
Looks like a perfect day - other than the crying of course! I can relate to that one and I also loved the post on fear and faith, I needed to read that this morning so thank you! I get a bit of the ansies all built up inside about the unknown future as well...good to hear I'm not the only one who likes a plan :)
You have such a cute family. What a beautiful blessing dress! Did your other kids have dark hair as babies?
Post a Comment