We are truly enjoying our life right now. Our house is simply great. (I mean, it's not hard to beat the "Star Apartments") We have a huge backyard that Andi and Carter love. On the warm days they can be found doing this:
Jefferson and I find ourselves here a lot just watching our happy little kids enjoy their backyard:
We have all had a few of these along the way:
But for the most part have enjoyed having Jefferson home while we wait for his license and business number and whatnot to arrive. Because it's Jefferson, our kids have enjoyed a little bit of this:


We hit up the "Kids Safety Fair" at Lowe's where the kids got aprons and goggles, and enjoyed popcorn and cotton candy:
And we really enjoyed conference weekend in our sweats:
And Tay:
Having all this room to play has been good for all of us. We are almost all settled in and we see a little bit more of our garage floor every day as more and more boxes are unpacked. A few of our favorite things about where we are at:
*A BIG yard!
*A garage (how did we live without one?)
*Our clothes dry so fast!
*Our clothes actually maintain that yummy laundry smell (between our stinky apartment, literally, and the moisture of Portland, our clothes never had that fresh laundered smell)
*Walks in our neighborhood without the fear of our kids running out into one of the busiest streets in Gresham
*A walking path right behind our house that Carter can ride his bike on
*Nice neighbors
*No cigarette smoke drifting into our open windows
*What seems to be an amazing ward
*A gas fireplace that we enjoy sitting next to on these cool fall days
*Did I mention a nice big backyard?!
*Endless counter space!
*An ice machine in our freezer
*Our freezer in the garage filled with food
We do miss Portland (and so does our skin- it is dry here!) and all our friends there, but we are really happy here and can't wait to see what the future has in store!
12 comments:
Surely that tantrum was because she was missing Gramzee and Grandpa Paul! It reminded me of watching her in the corner of your yard that first day. Just on overload from time to time. I wish I could lay on the floor and just cry loudly! Glad you are settling in. Kids look so happy. Yummy Tater Tot! Miss you all!
Oh Dani that sounds amazing! I am so glad that you guys are happy!! Taytum is so adorable!
Sounds like you guys are doing well. And your house looks super nice! How fun to have a huge backyard!!!
So glad you are loving life! That's so great for you and your family! :)
I love that little tantrum. It is so nice to see that other kids do that as well!!! I always feel like such a bad parent when Evan has a little fit.
So glad you are getting settled!
Looks like your house is the perfect fit for your little family! I can't wait to see it in person!
(And I know I always say this, but Reece has that same sweater as Andi! Us mommies have great taste!)
Reading your list of reasons remided me of how we felt when we arrived to our new place! (no cig smoke) etc....
It felt really good :)
Your new place looks awesome! So glad you guys are doing well. It's always amazing when you get a garage what you ever did without one!
It's so much easier to laugh at another kids tantrum than my own kids! And my favorite part is when I'm assuming it was Jefferson just walks on by and continues to stir something on the stove. You just have to ignore or laugh through those moments! Glad you're all settled in and loving the freedoms and perks of house living! No more apartments...yay!!
your house looks so cute. You should put up a few more pictures of it, so we can all see. love the big backyard. Your kids are so cute. It's wierd seeing a video of Andi throwing a tantrum, since all I ever get to see is pictures of her smiling. It's nice to know other kids do the same things as mine. I love the little bit of pudge Taytum is getting.
We miss you guys so much! Our boys keep saying "Are we going to to play with Andi and Carter?" I can't believe how big Taytum is getting!! She is adorable! How nice to have a backyard too! Miss you guys!
Sounds like a great place! I long for a big backyard one day...
Your kids are getting so big!
Post a Comment