I love Thanksgiving. I really am just in love with every holiday now that I have kids. They just make everything so fun. So does having family around. I love any excuse to get together with my family. My kids loved spending time with the aunts and uncles:




Thanksgiving week was a riot. We had so much fun all week long. It actually started well before the Thanksgiving holiday when my sisters and
SIL's all met up in
Klamath with my mom for some girl time. Saturday night we went to the
Hustlin' Owls basketball game to watch my little sister sing the anthem and dance in the half time show. She is such a talented little thing. We spent many an hour crafting. We did letters that spelled "Family," Christmas trees, chalkboards, Christmas
stackers, and a Christmas count down.

We tried to have some fun things for the kids to do to make up for the time we neglected them while crafting (I kid).
Gramzee had sugar cookies for them to decorate. What's not to love? Sugar sprinkles, frosting, and cookies? YUM!
.JPG)
.JPG)
They also made turkey hand puppets.


Our men showed up on Tuesday afternoon and we lost them to my parents new toy:

If they weren't up playing pool then they were down playing Donkey Conga... I fell victim to a few games myself.

Turkey day was food and fun filled. We decorated the tables all pretty.

The women cooked.
Gramzee and Grandpa Paul got the kids matching turkey headbands that they (mostly) loved. I think Andi wore hers throughout the whole Thanksgiving dinner.



We decorated my parents Christmas tree so that we could do our mini family Christmas party the next evening. We figured that since we were all together we should do our family gift exchange. The cousins had their own exchange and we did the adult exchange once they were in bed. It was really fun and got us all in the Christmas spirit. The kids all got new pajamas from
Gramzee and
GrandpaPaul:
Friday was our annual trip up into the woods (see post below).
Saturday we did family pictures.

And started a new tradition of BINGO! It was really fun. We played about 15 rounds of Bingo with fun little prizes each round.

Great job calling Dad!
My parents also got the kids matching Christmas outfits. It was fun to take them to church in them and let everyone see how cute they were taking up a whole row in their cuteness.
.JPG)
It was a fabulous Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for.
*For my family, of course, for being so fabulous and fun and supportive.
*For my three beautiful, perfect, children. I never knew someone could bring so much joy into my life.
*For prayer. I have never prayed so much in my life as I have in the past three months. It has been such an amazing comfort to me, and my relationship with my Heavenly Father has never been more personal or closer.
*And finally, for my amazing husband. He is such a selfless person. He takes his responsibility of supporting and sustaining our family very seriously. He has been working so hard for us. He is also such a genuine person. I love that what you see is what you get. He is honest to a fault and never puts on a false pretense. He loves me and I love him for that.
3 comments:
I don't think I"VE ever looked happier. What a joy my little (well, not so little!) family is. Bingo was a great new tradition - those boys who didn't play will be sorry when there are dollars up for grabs............Crafting was studpendous, dinner delicious, and the list goes on and on. Thanks for being a part of our wonderful holiday!
It was an amazing week! I'm glad we got to go up early together.
I like how the little kiddos were shirtless decorating cookies. If I had my way Emmaline would eat naked every meal of the day.
Post a Comment