Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tay @ 9 months


Taytum hit the 9 month mark. She is sitting much better these days and we keep thinking she's going to start crawling any day now. We have thought that for well over a month. She spends the majority of her time on her hands and knees rocking, rocking, rocking. Her knees will get some forward progress every once in a while, but the hands haven't quite figured out what to do.
She is much better at grabbing things and can now feed herself finger foods. It's so nice that she doesn't whine every time I stand up from feeding her and leave her in the high chair because now she can feed herself. She has also just learned how to wave. It's pretty cute.
This poor girl has had two double ear infections within a month of each other. She also just got her first tooth on May 1 (bottom right). So, she's been a bit crabby. Actually, really crabby. We've had a few rough days where nothing will appease her. She's had Tylenol and doesn't want to sleep, eat, be held, or be on the floor. She's on a stronger antibiotic this time around, so we're hoping that does the trick. We can also see that she's cutting a second tooth, which isn't helping matters.

We finally put her in Andi's room this past week and they have been doing great. Andi leaves Tay alone and they both go right to sleep. Taytum has talked a few times in the night, but it hasn't disturbed Andi at all. I love seeing my girls in their room together at night. As Andi would say, "They're da girls!" Just before that we stopped swaddling Tay because she would just get so twisted up in her blanket and it would just make her mad. We discovered all she wanted to do was sleep on her tummy. Don't you just want to nibble on those chubby legs?!

5 comments:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I love that the girls share a room! My girls share a room and it is so much fun to listen to them play before going to bed and when they get up! Love the pictures, hope that Taytum feels better soon!

Robyn said...

That first picture of Tay is GORGEOUS! I can't believe she's only a few months shy of a year! Wow!

suzanne said...

Scrump-diddle ee-umptious!

Trujillo family said...

She is so stinkin' cute!! I can't believe how much she looks like you Dani. And your sanity saving trip to McDonalds was hilarious. It's better to laugh then to cry, right! We miss you guys! Hope all is going well...

meg baker said...

I think she is so precious. I also think I see quite the hint of your mom in her. Your family is so sweet and fun to watch grow. Thanks for all of the posts!