Now, on to the score keeping. Jefferson and I have an unspoken understanding that we don't really buy gifts for holidays. We get each other a couple birthday gifts, and a few on Christmas, but certainly not for a trivial holiday like Valentine's day. Well, I thought we had an understanding anyways.
The morning began like usual, until we were headed out the door to go to story time at the library. I went to grab my wedding ring off the counter where I always leave it when I wash my face at night. It wasn't there, so I did a quick sweep of the house to no avail. I wasn't too nervous, I probably just took it off bathing the kids or something. I called Jefferson on the way to story time to see if he had seen it by chance. He hadn't.
Well, after story time and some shopping for some last minute dinner items, we headed home. Jefferson came home during his lunch break and surprised me with this:

It was my wedding ring! He went and had it cleaned and resurfaced. It is gorgeous! I can't believe that's what my ring started out looking like! Of course, it came with a cute stuffed animal that Carter was thrilled about, and a very sweet, sentimental card.
I felt like a shmuck! I didn't get him a thing! However, I would like to think that I redeemed myself a little bit with a delicious dinner of king crab legs, asparagus, french bread and sparkling cider after the kids went to bed. I guess that "unspoken rule" will have to be spoken next year. Good husband of mine!




8 comments:
oh my goodness!!!!! how sweet!! i'd love to see how shiny your ring turned out! that dinner looks to fancy! you should be proud of yourself! wow im calling food network, haha oh ya and what a cute idea, the pancakes :)
Getting your ring all refreshed was a great idea for V-Day--good job Jefferson! It looks like you definitely matched his sentiments with that delicious dinner. Any leftovers?
wait - a new lasso for carter? props to jefferson for the ring and props to you for the dinner. :)
So nice............what a guy.........and a gal....
That dinner looks amazing Dani and way to go Jefferson! I too, love the pancake idea. You are such an awesome mom!!
Isn't it amazing what a little clean-up to the wedding ring can do?! What a fun suprise for you! Glad you had nice evening to yourselves for v-day!
jefferson always has been quite the guy...and whipping out king crab legs on the whim was pretty goo of you! Oh, and I love that vhm sutff...hmmm living the gospel?
what a fun valentines day! :)
Post a Comment