Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mommy moments

I have had a lot of mommy moments this past week:
*Carter & Andi staying up for an hour and a half after we put them in bed just laughing and playing. It really is tender to hear the two of them in there having a good time.

*Andi found a binky today and just crawled around everywhere with it in her mouth. It just made me laugh because we haven't seen her with a nuk in since she was about two months old. She looked so funny to me.

*Carter has started helping me put Andi down for her naps. He'll follow us into her room where she naps and close the curtains, turn the fan on, and then help me sing to Andi. It's pretty cute.



*I was in the dining room feeding Andi a snack and Carter got really quiet and I wasn't sure where he was. I came out into the living room and he had grabbed all his "friends" and his blanket and was just sitting on the couch in silence. It was good reminder that kids just need a little bit of quiet time to reflect.


*I grabbed my stuff to head out the door to a church meeting this morning and Carter usually whines a little when either Jefferson or I leaves, but this morning he just looked at me and said, "See ya later Mama." What are you Carter, 13?!

*Andi will stop at nothing to get to my Diet Coke... she is her Grandma and Grandpa Stewart's granddaughter.


*Andi eating. Her nickname is Moo and she is a moo when it comes to eating. She always eats two fisted and just slams it into her mouth. I am pretty sure she out-eats everyone in the family. We love our good eating Moo!

*We got to have a picnic outside yesterday. It was so nice to get some sunshine... we were all happier because of it. Carter was chasing a moth on the lawn and I had to use all of the strength I had not to curl up into a ball and hide from the "butterfly." I didn't have the heart to tell him it was really a disgusting, hideous, frantically fluttering moth.

5 comments:

suzanne said...

Love the post............beautiful kids you've got. Are you bringing them to their grandma for the 4th of July? Andi is definitely my grandbaby! yum to the diet coke!

suzanne said...

And the moth..a, I mean butterfly - how did you ever contain? Good mommy! If it makes you feel any better, Moki left me an entire deer leg - hoof and hair - the whole dang leg - on the porch for me yesterday!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I love the picture of Andi going for the Diet Coke! She's definitely got the Stewart gene in her!

I can't wait to see you all next month!!

Ie Li said...

so cute. i love watching the sibling relationship develop. it's so rewarding.

Dyan said...

I love reading these things. It's nice to be able to appreciate the day to day things!