Sunday, June 1, 2008

And Carter...

No, I have not forgotten about my sweet boy Carter. How could I?! He has been a little bit of a handful this past week. He, too, is teething and just being a little independent two year old. Carter loves saying his prayers before bed. I caught him and Jefferson right before he hit the hay a couple of nights ago.

Carter loves being outside and sometimes he will just lean up against our glass sliding door, crying to go outside. We were ecstatic when we had a little patch of sunny, warm weather yesterday afternoon. We took full advantage of the few hours and laid out a blanket and ate ice cream cones. Carter enjoyed it, as you can see.



I have discovered that two year olds are quick and sneaky. I misplaced Carter twice in one day! The first time he was opening the front door and I went and opened the sliding glass door right next to the front door (literally two feet apart) to go outside and scare him. He was out of my view for about one second and when I went to the front door he was gone. I figured he had run back inside because there was no way he could have run out of my site outside in that one second. I came inside calling for him and he didn't answer. We checked both the bathrooms, all the bedrooms, he was nowhere. By this time Jefferson was outside running around looking for him. We looked for maybe a total of two minutes was all, but it felt like an eternity. We finally found him behind our apartment where he had chased a cat. He has never gone back there before and I have never felt so panicked in all my life.

The second time I misplaced him was last night. We always go in to peak on our kids before going to bed. They have just started sharing a room this past week and have done great with it. There is the occasional chatter and giggle from the both of them, but we love seeing them in there each night, sound asleep. I didn't see Carter on his bed when we went in there last night. I pulled off the sleeping bag and blanket that were on his bed and he wasn't there. I looked around the room and he wasn't on the floor anywhere. I started to go over to the closet to see if he was in there and Jefferson just pointed to the crib. How precious is this?

10 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Oh, what a sweetie! I love that picture of him and Andi in the crib together!

suzanne said...

Glad to see some pics of Carter! The picture of them in the crib....precious Isn't it great to see that your kids love each other? I feel that way and you are all in your 20's!

Miche said...

Those are the moments that make everything you put up with during the day worth it. That is so cute! And thanks for your support. :) I laugh everytime I think about my calling! And so does everyone who knows me.

Dyan said...

I love the mustache and goatee action Carter sports with the cold eats. It makes his lips look all full...and slimy...perfect for kisses!

Sharon said...

I love the one of them sleeping together, that is so cute!

jacque said...

That is so cute with them in the crib! I can't believe they both fell to sleep like that!

breena rae said...

that is too cute. He is going to be such a great big brother for Andi.

Ie Li said...

darling.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

That is the cutest thing that I have seen in a long time! So fun. I love that they love each other so much!

Maylin said...

Those fast little rascals! Unfortunately, Galla has given me reason to feel that aweful panicky feeling a few too many times.

Funny that he "escaped" INTO the crib--that picture is sooo cute!