This past Sunday we hit the beach! Ok, in Oregon we call it the coast because usually its' beautiful beachy shores are cold, windy and rainy. That's what we planned for on Sunday when we headed out after Stake Conference. We bundled up in jeans, hoodies and tennis shoes planning for a cold, bundle up by the fire, kind of afternoon. Were we ever wrong! It was in the upper 70s but there was no wind and sunny skies so it felt even warmer. We all stripped down as much as possible, rolled our jeans up, kicked off our shoes, and went splashing in the ocean. We went with our good friends the Wards and had a great time. Our kids play so well together. When it got to the late afternoon, we were all still sitting around hot as ever, but decided we wanted to eat so we started up our fire and roasted hot dogs. When it finally started to get dark and cool off a little we curled up next to the fire and busted out the s'mores. It was the perfect summer day at the coast in the middle of fall.
For the life of us we could not keep Andi from eating the sand. I cannot even count the number of handfuls that she ate!
8 comments:
What a perfect day! The coast looks beautiful!
Awww! I miss the Oregon coast. What wonderful memories you're creating with your family.
how nice! the weather seemed better then than it did this summer when we went! great pics too!
I am so jealous right now because I love the Oregon coast! You guys look like you are having lots of fun. Loves ;)
I miss the coast!!! I am stuck smack in the middle of the country - sucks sometimes.
It looks so nice! What a beautiful day!! It sounds like tons of fun. I love the coast! The pictures of your kids are so cute too! I love the pics on Heathers blog also.
I have to tell you that their is a family in Corvallis that has a Madi and a Nixon. That is weird.
Hey Dani! Beautiful pics! I wish I lived close to the coast. Jealous.
Post a Comment