Thursday, October 9, 2008

The beginning of the end...

Monday began the beginning of the end. Jefferson started his 9th quarter at Western States, which means he only has four quarters left. We officially have less than one year left of chiropractic college! This is our last fall here (I am very sad about that one), our last Halloween, last Thanksgiving, last Christmas, last.... you get the point. 

It's kind of bitter-sweet. I am so excited to be out in the "real world" making money instead of being loaned money. I am excited to see where we end up, to go somewhere new, to start a new business, to have a house shortly thereafter. I am also very happy, content, and comfortable with where I am at right now. We know where our money is coming from. While school definitely has it's challenges, we still get two weeks of break every quarter (that's not going to happen in a year), and we have tons of great friends here who are all in the same boat as we are. 

We love Portland and all it has to offer. There are such amazing parks and walking trails around here. Not to mention the plethora of activities and sites for kids, including OMSI, The Children's Museum, and The Oregon Zoo. We have a playgroup set up with an amazing group of friends, there are open gyms at the Portland Community Center, there is Saturday's Market downtown and Farmer's Markets every mile. We LOVE Portland!

I am getting ahead of myself, we still have a year left. But, it is the beginning of the end, and if the last two years went by this quickly, I better not blink if I want to see this last year!

5 comments:

Hayley Hatch said...

Yikes! This is so true! :)

Dyan said...

If you're looking to change location but keep all those things you love...I hear AZ is a great place for young thriving families! :) I hear ya completely on the bittersweetness of it all, I was just taking a scenic drive home through town thinking the same thing today!

suzanne said...

I beg to differ with Dyan - I hear southern Oregon is the best of the best! I've really been thinking about how we only have one year with those grandbabies of mine semi close by. I really don't know what I'll do when you take them far away! I just heard a report that if possible, it's better for kids to live by their grandparents (I would add their 'maternal' grandparents!)

Unknown said...

Wow, I cant believe that Jeff is almost done! I can't wait for the day Grant only has a year left. It goes by all to quickly. But it will be so nice to finally start making our own money. I definately agree with you there.

Taryn said...

Betcha didn't know that my hubby is a chiropractor!!! Go chiropractic!! He graduated from Life University. He worked as an associate for a year to learn a few tricks of the business and we've had our own private practice in New Jersey for three years now. If you need a sounding board or to hear a "been there" point of view, I'm here! Its exciting, and its a wonderful time. Enjoy it all!