We went to the zoo this morning with Hayley and Logan and we are so glad we did! The rain is supposed to start up tomorrow...just in time for Halloween! It was a beautiful morning, cloudy, a bit chilly, but perfect. Don't let all of Andi's winter layers fool you, it wasn't that cold, she is just a cold child and shivers when it's 80 degrees outside. The animals were all in pretty good form. If they weren't up and playing, they were at least sleeping right in plain view.
I'm sure you saw the news of the baby elephant all over a couple months back, but what didn't hit newsstands was the birth of three baby wart hogs! They are adorable, in a hoggy kind of way. They have vertical stripes on them and were running around like crazy! The kids loved them!
There were also two elephants out together and their trainer was having them do tricks like hold their trunks a certain way, lift a leg, etc. Well, we were up above at the elephant viewing area (for those familiar with the Oregon Zoo), and there is a fence that hits me at about my waste, then about 5 yards of bushes and brush on a gradual decline, then another fence, then a 20 foot drop or so into the elephant's little home. Well, I had picked Carter up so he could get a better look at the elephants. Then I set him down so I could put Andi back in the stroller. I start snapping her in when I hear the snapping of branches and some guy saying, "Some kids just went over the fence." Yeah, Carter somehow managed to climb the fence and fall over into the elephant pit. Ok, not really the elephant pit at all, but he was well on his way. It scared the heck out of him and he has a scratch on his face from the snapping branches that I heard. I guess he just wanted to see more tricks from the elephants. Be looking for us on one of those most shocking world videos shows, we are going to try to fall into the tiger cage next time!
I'm trying to rip Andi's cup away from her, but she wasn't having that.
Logan and Andi sittin' in a.... saddle.
5 comments:
What an exciting time at the zoo! Poor Carter.:) Andi does look very warm! What are you going to do when it gets really cold? The kids look so cute in those costumes! I love halloween because of how cute all these kiddies look!
Poor Carter...hopefully he won't be permanently traumatized of elephants! How scary and funny...but only because he's safe and wasn't eaten. And at least the scratch from the branches will make his pirate costume that much more authentic! :)
I am happy that Carter didn't actually make it down to right near the elephants...although, not many kids can say they have been in the elephant cage!!!
Oh my goodness! That Carter! Scary time for him and it certainly made my heart skip a beat! No more going over fences mr. Carter! Loves and kisses this Halloween day!
Oh my gosh! I can't believe Carter went over the fence...I would be freaking out! I am glad he is ok. Looks like a great time....I love going to the zoo!
Post a Comment