Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving...

I love Thanksgiving and the opportunity to reflect on all of our blessings that we enjoy. (not that we shouldn't be doing that all year long, but you know what I mean). This was our first year hosting the Thanksgiving dinner. My parents were the only ones who came up, but we still feasted away and had a great time. I felt like a real mom/wife/domestic being having to do a lot of the prep work and grocery shopping. I must admit that I loved every bit of it. Dinner was fantastic! We even ventured out to the mall on black Friday and rather enjoyed ourselves. All of our Christmas shopping is done, sadly. It was just a really fun, relaxing, Thanksgiving break. We ate a lot, watched movies, and played Donkey Konga on the Wii for hours laughing our heads off! Thanks for sharing with us Mom and Dad!

On my short list of things I am grateful for:
-Being a wife to my most amazing man
-Being a mom to the two most beautiful, smart, entertaining, energetic children
-My family- all of them: my brothers and sisters and their awesome spouses (and soon to be spouse), my parents, my extended family, and all my in-laws- so thankful for you all!
-The gospel... I can't imagine life without it
-My Savior

Here are some pictures from this past weekend... 

The grandparents with Carter & Andi:
A picture of my mom and dad, courtesy of Carter:
Jefferson putting together our tree (we'll have a real one one of these years):
Me and the kids decorating the tree: 
What Jefferson and my dad were doing while we decorated:

The tree:
Grandpa getting some snuggle time with Andi: 

11 comments:

Nic said...

now that thanksgiving is over ican't wait to spend christmas with all of you guys. especially since it means only 2 more days till i am officially part of the stewart clan. love the new hair dani. it looks fantastic!

Hayley Hatch said...

Fun! Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. Your family is so cute...your parents look like models, too cute to be normal parents :) And YES! is my answer to the arranged marriage between Logan and Andi :)

Julie said...

Wahoo for Donkey Konga!

Dyan said...

Glad everything turned out as wonderful as anticipated!! Your hair looks short and cute (and that's just from the one angle we can see it at!), I bet your glad to have finally got it chopped!

mom-jayne said...

What a fun start to the holidays!! Glad your mom and dad were able to spend it with you. I'm so jealous your shopping is done. Speaking of that....I'd better get going.
Loves to you......

The Bell Family said...

looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving and i love your hair it looks so cute.

suzanne said...

Our privilege to be there! Love all of you! Thanks for inviting us up!

Anonymous said...

looks like a blast! and your hair looks really cute! i could only see it from an awkward angle, but i loved the color of it!

Kara said...

I need to see more pictures of your hair.... it looks so cute from what I can see. I am needing inspiration.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Yes we are alive, I know it has been forever. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Don't feel bad for having a fake tree, Johnny and I have never put up a tree in our 4 years of marriage. We are always out of town most of December. Oh and it looks like you cut your hair, it looks cute from the picture. that I saw.

jacque said...

Props to Carter for a cute pic of the grandparents! You need to post a picture of your hair so we can get a better look--it looks way cute from the one shot. Glad you had a good time with your parents.