Friday, January 9, 2009

Gotta brag about my boy...

I'll begin with a disclaimer: I know that we have a long journey ahead of us in this wonderful world of potty training, but I have to admit, we are off to a good start!

Carter has been in underwear for THREE DAYS with NO accidents! Is that amazing?! We put him in pull ups at nap time and bedtime, which is when he decides to go #2, but the whole dry thing during the day makes me HAPPY! We even went to an open gym yesterday and Carter stayed dry and used the restroom at the gym. Today is the first day that he has asked to go the bathroom instead of me constantly nagging him. I am so proud of him. We all get an M&M whenever he goes; it's a mini potty party! I am sure there will be some accidents along the way; especially when he gets distracted with playing or I forget to ask frequently enough, but again, a much better start than I could have ever anticipated! YAY CARTER!! 

8 comments:

Momma K said...

Nice going Carter! I don't care what anyone says, I'm sure convinced that boys are easier than girls. We'll have to see what happens with our second children to be sure :)

The Bell Family said...

Thats so exciting. I've been trying to get Olivia potty trained but she just isn't interested. I think I need to wait just a little longer. Hopefully he doesn't have to many accidents.

Hannah said...

Oh good job Carter! That's so great.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Go Carter! That is awesome.

Julie said...

That's so nice for you! Boys usually take a lot longer then girls, so he's off to a great start!

Dyan said...

3 cheers going out to Carter...and the patient parents!

Sharon said...

Way to go Carter! That is so exciting! Gray is going to be a whole different story.....I finally got him to put underwear on for the first time today, but they are over his diaper.

Heather Palmer said...

Good job Carter! Keep it up!!!
That is so awesome.