Monday, January 19, 2009

I love electricity. Without it I…

-Cannot make a hot breakfast, or cook/bake anything

-Have to have cold cereal for breakfast

-Cannot vacuum up the dry cereal that is mashed into the carpet

-Cannot start my full dishwasher

-Cannot give my kids a hot bath

-Cannot blow dry my hair (it is looking awesome today!)

-Cannot watch television

-Have a great reason not to turn on cartoons that Carter keeps begging for

-Have to play with lots of toys and play lots of games- that part has been really fun

-Have to be careful that the food in my fridge doesn’t go rancid

-Have a very cold house! Brrrrrrrrrr.

-Cannot listen to music, unless it’s on my laptop, and that is only limited to the battery power that we have

-Cannot do laundry. I am not doing it by hand.

-Cannot turn on the bathroom light to see myself to do my hair and makeup. I sat in our living room trying to glean light from our bay window.

-Do not have internet!

-And much much more


Our power was out for about two hours this morning and continues to flicker on and off for a few minutes at a time this afternoon. It has really made me appreciate electricity and has also made me painfully aware of how emergency prepared we are not. This will be our wake up call to get our booties in gear!

6 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

You're still having issues with your power?? Now that would be a tad annoying. I have to admit that we're not very prepared in that area either. Hope they have fully fixed your electricity!

Kirstin said...

I hear ya! We didn't have power on Sunday for 13 1/2 hours!! I still don't know what I looked like when I went to church!

Tory said...

What a good story you will have to look back on! Nothing like no power to make you appreciate all the little things we take for granted!

Maylin said...

C-R-A-Z-Y! Thanks for helping me NOT miss Oregon (but we do miss you guys).

jacque said...

sounds like you guys have had some crazy things happen lately. always a good reminder to appreciate things more. I had to chuckle at the sunshine post because that hardly looked like a "sunny" day with your kids in jackets and grey clouds in the skye. You've really got to move here to AZ! :)

mom-jayne said...

I'm with Jac....time to move???
Glad you are all safe and sound.