Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mommy moment, or I suppose Daddy moment

Jefferson has been gone quite a bit these last few days with school and orientation to the clinic and making up finals (their school was cancelled four of the five days of finals). It has been kind of a hard adjustment for the kids, especially Carter, and let's be honest, for me too, not to have Jefferson around as much. We were looking at pictures on the computer today and Carter pointed at Jefferson and said, "That's my daddy! I love him!" 

That's for you hon! You are loved and missed at home, but we are oh so glad that you are willing to be at school for us. 

And a few other funny things he said today:
-On the "skerl movie" (aka Ice Age) the squirrel dances around towards an acorn and Carter said, "Look, he's like a ballerina." I'm not sure how he knows what a ballerina does, it's not like he's been exposed to a lot of ballets.

-Then, he kept telling me he wanted to watch "Polar Express" and I was ignoring him and he clenched his fists and went, "grrrrrrrrrrrrrr." He was frustrated. 

-After I went to the bathroom Carter congratulated me: "Good job Mom! Now you get an M&M!" Thanks Carter! :)

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Tell Carter Grandma gets lots of m&m's if that's the reward! He does love his daddy! Yummy little boy..........yummy little girl..........

mom-jayne said...

Leave it to the kids to keep things real! What darling stories--priceless.

Hayley Hatch said...

I love it when he asks to watch the "skerl movie" so, so funny :)