Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's hot...

But not in the Sandy River! We headed over to Oxbow Park yesterday afternoon/evening to escape the heat. It was wonderfully refreshing. We packed a picnic dinner, set up shop in some shade, and went swimming and built sand castles. The kids love the water and it felt good to cool off for a few hours before returning to our sweltering dwelling place.

5 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

I remember those summer days in the apts.... why won't they just let ya' put up an AC unit? :) Good for you to get out and do something about it... enjoying the river! :)

Maylin said...

I heard on GMA this morning that it was going to hit 100 in Portland. I do not miss those sweltering, un-airconditioned apartments!

Dyan said...

cute, cute, cute!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Ya AC is definitely on my list of wants some day. We have been cooking too. Looks like a fun trip to the beach. Can't wait to see the little girl.

Rohatinsky Family said...

You poor thing with no A/C. We don't have A/C either, but thankfully here in UT, Josh's parents have it. I hear Portland was 106 degrees yesterday..Ugh! Good luck with your last few weeks....I can't believe your baby girl will be here so soon.
Oh, and PS. You are TEEEEEENYY!!! You amaze me.