Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Gag test
I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately and we discovered the best way to decide if the recipe was a keeper or not on the first new recipe I tried. It was an acorn squash recipe. Those of you who know me know that I am not a squash lover of any sorts, not even a liker, not on even the best of days. But I am trying to introduce new things and I don't want my kids to be picky eaters when they grow up and yadda yadda. Well, this recipe sounded like a keeper. You mix the diced squash with apples and a little butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cook it. Should hide the taste of the squash, which it pretty much did, but you still have that stringy, mushy, texture. Carter took one bite of it, chewed a couple of times, and then gagged, big time. Jefferson and I laughed so hard. And so all new recipes must now pass the "Gag Test" for it to be a keeper to try again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Makes me gag to just read about it.
I'm with the rest of you. Squash is just plain yucky! It should be a fall decor item, and that's about it!
Post a Comment