Carter's first day of preschool was on Wednesday. Let's just say he was way more prepared for it than Mom was. I kind of talked it up, afraid that he might have second thoughts about it once he realized he had to go by himself, that Andi or Mom wasn't coming with him, etc. Nope. We drove up to preschool and I said, "Do you want me to walk you up to the door?" And Carter said, "No, I can do it. Bye Mom! Have fun at joyschool Andi!" And he closed the door, turned around and waved and ran up to the door for preschool. I started to cry immediately. When did he grow up and become so independent?! I was not prepared.

I know it's just preschool. It's 3 days a week for 2 1/2 hours, but this is the beginning of first days of school for forever now! He might as well be going off to college! And if you are a mom, I am sure you know what I'm talking about when I say, I hate not seeing him do and learn new things. I love seeing my kids discover and explore. I have a hard time dropping him off at a birthday party because I don't want to miss anything. I don't even have to be involved, just let me be a fly on the wall.
I digress... Carter loves preschool. He had tons of fun things to say about it. After his first day of school, I bought donuts, so we all went home, had donuts and milk and talked all about school. I loved it.

Carter's first day also happened to be Andi's first day of joyschool. We are rotating houses between five kids once a week. I was so glad Andi had something to look forward to that day. I am realizing one of the downfalls (if not the only one) of having kids this close in age is that the youngest one is always one step behind the older one. No preschool, no primary, no booster seat... yet.

Andi also wanted to walk up to the door by herself and be Miss Independent. She is super social and just had a great time at joyschool.
That meant that Miss Taytum and I had the morning to ourselves. We went grocery shopping and enjoyed a little one on one time. This school thing is going to be great!
4 comments:
I can't believe how time is flying by! Beautiful. All 3 of them...and I'm sure the 4 will be just as beautiful!
I'm just going to have to check your blog to see how far along I am as well. It looks like we are due the exact same day ha! If you haven't checked out a Dr. yet in the great town you live in you might check out Dr. Agrusa. He was the bomb! Cute kids. Pretty exciting!
How fun to have that time with "Timmy". I love my girls together, but it's also fun to get one on one time with them.
PS - Reece has the same shirt that Andi is wearing! Good taste!
I can't believe how big taytum is and how beautiful!!! of course all your kiddos are beautiful! i love taytums dimples..she is adorable!
Post a Comment