GrandmaZee was one of our last guests to grace our home with her presence. She made a quick trip here and we are so glad she did! We got to tell her in person that grandbaby #10 was on the way. She and I went out one night and did some shopping, grabbed a coke, and just drove around in her convertible chatting. It was so nice! She spent a day just hanging out with us at home, playing with the kids. But the main event when she was here was the Western Idaho State Fair! It was a blast!

Taking a break with an elephant ear... a must at any fair.

My mom and I suffering through an A Capella group. Okay, they weren't
that bad, just slightly out of tune.

We went to the dinosaur exhibit and it was intense. I'm pretty sure they were life size
animatronic replicas of dinosaurs. The kids weren't so sure at first and wouldn't turn around for a picture for fear a dinosaur would snatch them when they weren't looking.
Taytum wasn't amused.

Still not quite sure.


We watched the pig races and Andi was picked to be a cheerleader for one of the pigs. Her pig won and she got up in front of the whole bleacher, wore a pig nose and did the pig dance! I wish I had it on video, it was so cute!


The dinner of champions: delicious fair corn dogs. And they were delicious!


We promised the kids all day that we could ride a few rides at the end of the day when it wasn't so blasted hot. Well, upon seeing how much each ride was going to cost individually we opted for the all you can ride wrist band. We were not
disappointed and I definitely think we got our money's worth. This is them on their first ride of the night.

And then they were gone and we couldn't keep up with them! They ran from one ride to the next and just hopped in line like pros. Luckily the majority of the fair workers weren't abiding by the height requirements so they got to ride pretty much whatever they wanted.



To end the night we rode the
ferris wheel. My kids loved seeing the view from above the fair, and I loved chatting with them about their first fair experience. It was a hit.
GramZee still energized, racing with the kids in the parking lot at 11:00pm. Yes, 11PM! We just couldn't tear them away from the fair any earlier.
Thanks
Gramzee for a phenomenal time!! We are expecting this to be a yearly tradition now! :)
1 comment:
You know how I love traditions! I'm so in with that one. I really had such a great time. It was so fun to experience the fair with Carter, Andi, and Taytum. I'll be back!
Post a Comment