Friday, June 24, 2011

Father's Day

Wow I love this man! It is obvious that he is such a great dad in the way that our kids get so excited to see him at the end of the day and how they love to play with him and how, let's be honest, dad is the favorite. I think Jefferson had a great Father's Day this year. The kids and I had a really fun time planning it. It's so great having our kids at an age where they can help plan and execute fun things. We decorated little tie cards with the reasons why our kids love their dad. We made him waffles with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast in bed.
Then we enjoyed church. After church the kids could not wait to give him the presents they picked out. When I asked what each of the kids wanted to get him, they knew immediately. Andi wanted to get him gum (surprise, surprise) and candy and Carter wanted to get him a shirt and he picked out the shirt all by himself. Taytum got him seasons 1 & 2 of Parks and Rec (with the help of mom). Bentley got him a framed picture of herself for his office. And I got him new pillows and bath towels. For dinner we did Ree Drummond's beef brisket and for dessert, maple bacon cupcakes. Yum!!Happy Father's Day Jefferson! We hope you feel loved and appreciated! We love you and are so glad you are the head of our home!

2 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

Thank heavens for wonderful daddys! And it makes fathers day so much more meaningful when the kids themselves can really take part and show their love. And those cupcakes I will have to try!

suzanne said...

He is a great dad! And that picture of the three of them - Andi looks just like yOU! This may be the first time I've really seen it.......Holy Smokes!