Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mommy Daughter Date

Jefferson and I have decided to take our kids on special dates every once in a while. We love the one on one time with them and we want to make sure our kids are getting some individual attention. I can already tell it's going to prove to be beneficial to all of us. It's so fun to sit and talk to my kids by themselves and have an uninterrupted conversation with them when they have my undivided attention.
Well, last Saturday it was my turn to take Moo out. We decided to take her to a kids hair salon just down the street. Andi loved it! First she got her hair washed, my favorite part of a hair cut. Andi liked it too, she said it kind of tickled.
But, her favorite part was wearing the towel on her head. Can you tell by her smile?
Then you get to choose which chair you'd like to sit in, a normal salon chair, cars, or these animals...After her cut they dried her hair, put a braid and some curls in it, and then sprayed some sparkles in. And when your hair is done, you get your nails done too! Andi picked purple with silver sparkles over it.The salon was a hit! Nothing I probably couldn't have done on my own, but so special to go and have it done and she was the only one in the salon at the time so the ladies all doted on her and gave her treats to eat while she was getting her hair done.After the salon we went and got "special drinks" (Sonic sodas) and then did a little shopping for her birthday party next Saturday. She was all smiles all day and kept asking if I could still see the glitter in her hair and if her hair was still curly.
Gosh I love this girl. It was so much fun to have a date with her and gave me a glimpse of what our relationship can be when she's a little bit older. We're gonna have a lot of fun!

5 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

So much fun! It reminds me of what mom and I do now. :) One on one time.

Dyan said...

So cute, I love how she kept asking if the sparkles were in her hair! Individual dates with the kids are so great! It's fun to see what they talk about without siblings around to overtake the conversation!

suzanne said...

I love the pic with the towel on her head. You can just tell that this was the biggest day of her life....so far!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

I agree! One on One time with our kids is so important! I love girl stuff! I am so glad I have one. I am having a boy next! Oh the new joys that will bring :)

Pieces of me... said...

What a fun memory with mom! Honestly, those were my favorite times as a child, one on one time with my mom or dad. :)