Saturday, June 4, 2011

In other news...

The kids went to outer space. All made sure they had their space helmets on.
We got a trampoline from one of Jefferson's patients. The kids LOVE it. They will go out their rain or shine, windy or not, for hours every day. It's wonderful. Unfortunately Taytum had a near death experience just a few days ago, so she's only allowed on by herself for now.Two of Jefferson's cousins and their families came to stay for a weekend. We had lots of yummy food, let the kids stay up way too late playing, and had some good grown-up chats and laughs.
Andi had her end of year Joyschool party. It was a fun year, kind of crazy and sporadic at times, but I was so glad Andi had Joyschool to look forward to every week.
Carter had this weird red mole on the back of his leg that turned into a huge purple ring, that then got agitated and raised and scabbed over, and then fell of and left a dark gray ring. After his pediatrician looked at it we were referred to a dermatologist who then cut it out and biopsied it. Carter did amazingly well, especially since I didn't know they were going to biopsy that day so I didn't prepare him at all. He was super tough. Biopsy came back and it was just a benign random group of nerves. Here are his two stitches that he got.
Taytum has left us this on more than one morning. I am so done washing sheets, stuffed animals, bumper pad, pajamas, etc, etc...
Trevor was in town for a bit and our kids harassed and annoyed him to no end I am sure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really doubt you remember me, I served in young women's when you were a laurel and was friends with your mom. Anyway....

I have been reading your blog for awhile and you have become quite the women and mother. The picture of the crib is what caused me to comment, my last 2 daughters have done that many times and I wanted to share my solution.

At first I put onsies on until she figured out how to unsnap so then I put them on backwards so when she sat down she was sitting on the snaps and she gave up. My current diaper remover figured out how to unsnap the backwards onsie, so I got desperate. Ducked tape, it seriously worked. Good luck. :)

Dyan said...

Seems like you always have visitors! Fun, fun! Tay's treasures...nasty...do not like walking into that first thing in the morning! Tyce had one of those earlier this week and I honestly couldn't tell if it was poop or throw up...ended up it was both. Doubly nasty! The joys of kids! Luckily one cute smile or silly face makes up for all the icky episodes! Love the outer space play, cute cute kiddos!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Andi's hair is so long! Luscious looks of golden hair!
Ew to the crib mess Tay is leaving you. The joys of parenting! :)
I'm pretty sure Carter did better on his biopsy than I would do. haha

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

How fun to have a trampoline! I can't wait until we have a house with a yard. And ewwwww on Tay's treasures. How kind of her....

Jamie said...

My dad's little girl did that and my step mom cut feet off pajama's and put them on backwards, and she also resorted to ductape! Good luck!

Pieces of me... said...

Haha, those are some fun pics and fun times! Well, except for the lovely diaper mess... I know how you feel and when you walk in and see what has happened... AHHH, Ughh, and wash, wash... LOL, oh the joys of motherhood :)