Sunday morning, about an hour before we went to church, Carter locked himself in one of our bedrooms. This door happens to be our only door that requires a key to unlock. He was in there for about fifteen minutes, screaming and knocking and crying for "mama and daddy" while we tried to jimmy rig it open. We couldn't get the door handle off, Jefferson couldn't pick the lock, nothing was working. Finally I asked Jefferson if I could have a try at it and I opened it with a credit card on the first try! Isn't that amazing?! Who knew that actually worked? I was pretty impressed with myself. It was heartbreaking to hear Carter in there.
After church we laid a blanket out in the yard and Jefferson and Carter played with their squirt guns and I decided to paint my toenails. Andi was just sitting next to me so I decided we should have our first mommy-daughter pedicure, matching polish and all. You have to admit her little toes look pretty cute in pink!


On Saturday we went and walked around Target to get out of the heat for a bit. Any of you who are into emergency preparedness should check out the dollar spot. They had solar blankets, water proof matches, rope, flashlights, all for a buck! Great additions to any 72 hour kit.
6 comments:
Adorable little toes!
Those are the cutest pics ever! I would like to see Carter's blue toes now! It's okay Jefferson - he has plenty of time to become a man!
FYI - you can always try to pry the hinge pins off as well - we are very experienced in door removal!
how cute is that?! how did you get her to hold still?
We were actually able to go to the temple this weekend too! We were there Friday night though, we just missed you! So sad for Carter, glad you finally got in unlocked. Love Andi's little toes, so cute!
Love the little painted piggies. How cute! Glad that you got little C-Mack out. That must have been scary for him! Nice work with the credit card.
No, thank you! The temple swap worked out quite well. You were smart to snap a picture while you were there--look how blue the sky is!
I'm glad I got to experience first-hand the other day having my child locked in that back room of yours. Galla loves playing with Carter!
Post a Comment