Upon entering the room the second time, I noticed that it smelled of poop. "Oh great," I thought, "Carter is poopy and going to have the worst diaper rash in the morning." That's when I noticed a nice little diaper, full of poo, laying on the ground next to Carter's bed (look in the lower, right hand corner of the above picture). I look over and there is Carter, bare bummed in bed. I just laughed. I don't blame the kid, I wouldn't want to sleep in a poopy diaper either!
I placed a nice, clean, fresh, diaper on his bare bum, kissed him on the forehead and went to bed. I could not wait to tell Jefferson about the story in the morning. We both had a good laugh about it and joked that maybe it was a sign to start potty training.
I go in this morning to get my kiddies out of bed and the smell of poo hits me like a ton of bricks when I open their door. I see on the floor, next to where Carter's diaper was last night, a little piece of poo. I pick it up with a wipe and go and dispose of it. Disaster averted.
....the railings, the sheets, the bumper pad...
(this is after I had already taken a wipe to Andi's face... if you look closely there's a little bit still dried on there)
Carter was just being a good brother and sharing. Sharing is caring, right? I just laughed and laughed and laughed. I am sure that some ended up in Andi's mouth because it was all over her face and hands, hence the title of the blog... If she's not feeling so hot today, at least I will know why. After a nice long soak in the tub, a couple of loads of laundry, and some serious contemplation about potty training, my two kids are back to normal; whatever that is.

Any advice on potty training for those of you who have been through the ringer before? In the meantime, we are going to try at least one of a few things: duck tape, a onsie on over the diaper, or putting the diaper on backwards. Wish us luck!
15 comments:
Oh my! That is hilarious! I see that the story has gotten even better since I talked to you! Thank goodness you're an easy going mom who realizes a little poo isn't the end of the world!
Wow. I loved that story. So, so funny. Poor Andi. I can just imagine what I would do if I walked into Logan's nursery and found it covered in poop. Let's just say I do not think I would be laughing. It's good that you are able to smile when things don't go exactly as planned...
oh my goodness!! that is so hilarious but yet not!! LOL That pic of Carter without his diaper is so funny! That happened to us a few months ago. We put sophia down without any pants because it was hot and found a little surprise.......
oh dani that is classic. I've heard of those poo smearing stories, but never knew someone who it had happened to. What a memory that you can someday frame Carter for.
Oh man! That is too much! I think I would have died seeing his little bare bum in bed. What a great story for those two one day! Probably something that will make it into a wedding speech or something... :)
Hope little Andi-kins isn't too sick today!
Fourth meal........I may mess myself laughing! That Carter..........
I don't know how you handled all the poo - I think I might have thrown up a little in my mouth. Sick! Good luck for the near future of what may come next...can't wait for the next blog post!
Oh my goodness that is hilarious! I am so glad that you documented it for them to laugh about when you bring out the pictures on their first dates! I am glad you found my blog, so I could read this...I'll have to check back more often. :)
Okay Dani...I have 4 kids and I have to say, your poop story tops all mine put together. While I sit here still laughing, I feel a little guilty, but better you than me!!!
Let's get together soon! Love Ya!
It's funny how 4 years ago that would have made me wanna throw up, but now I just laugh at it. what do you do? What a funny story!
I recommend sticker charts for potty training & he can get a prize when he fills it up. Works like a charm....I hear boys are harder to train though. Have him aim for cheerios or put blue food coloring in the toilet. It'll turn the water green when he does his business. Good luck!
That is disgusting! What do kids think of?! I would have been dry-heaving! :) I would definately start into one of your options!
ewwwww......you're such a great mom. i would've died or hosed down the whole room first.
That's so funny and so nasty!! After seeing the pic with the poop crusted in the fingernails I seriously kept checking mine all day and thinking about it...eww! Yes, I think potty training is definately in the works!
So gross! Haha that is pretty funny! I have a story that will maybe make you feel a little better about Andi possibly eating poop, if you want to hear it let me know. I hope the duck tape works!
Mei Li did that once, and so we put a onesie over her diaper every nap and bed time. It has worked so far. But we're thinking of doing the potty training thing very soon.
Post a Comment