Thursday, January 1, 2009

And a Happy New Year!



I love celebrating the New Year. We are not party people by any means, though we did see the clock strike 12 last night. I guess I just enjoy reflecting on the old year and looking forward to what the new year has to offer. Jefferson and I were talking last night and decided that this may be one of our biggest years of change since we've been married. We can now officiallly say that Jefferson graduates and will become a doctor this year. We will be exiting the student life. We will be entering the real world of work. Jefferson will be going into, or starting his own practice. We will most likely be moving from the wonderful city of Portland. We will hopefully be having a baby in 2009 (if you didn't know we were trying, check out our September posts). Exciting year, eh?

Last night was just dinner and a movie. The kids loved lounging on their "rugs" that Grandpa Jon got them. Jefferson and I stayed up late catching up on "Lost" since the new season starts pretty soon.

Tonight we celebrated the first eve of the New Year with our friends Ryan, Hayley, and their son Loggan. We had a delicious dinner of tri-tip, fettucini alfredo, salad, and garlic romano bread. Then we had dessert of brownies and ice cream. It was fun to sit around and chat and maybe play a little Wii... It was a fun evening, never long enough! Thanks for coming down Hatch Family! 

I have never been a huge New Year's resolution type of gal. I think it's good to have goals all year long and see nothing wrong with setting them on the first of the year, or the 50th of the year, or whenever you need to. But, if I were to have a New Year's resolution it would be this: 

To find joy in the small things. To appreciate where I am at and what I am doing. To appreciate my children for who they are. To listen to them, to understand them, to let them be the rambunctious, funny, quirky, creative, kind hearted toddlers that they are. To be supportive to my husband as he faces some of the biggest changes of his life. To not stress about what the answers are to all of the major life decisions that we are going to have to make. And to step back and see (and allow) the Lord's hand in the molding of my beautiful life. 

We hope you all had a fun time ringing in the New Year! Here's to a happy, healthy, beautiful, fun, exciting, prosporous, joyous New Year! 

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy New Year to you too!!
Looks like you had such a nice Holiday with your family :)

The Bell Family said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with all your changes, its always exciting for a new adventure.

Ie Li said...

Happy new year! What a nice looking couple you make! Good luck with everything in 2009! Love ya.

Dyan said...

Love the kiss...no need to delay the baby goal, right?! :)

Miche said...

I haven't looked at blogs in a long time! I miss you and your cute little kiddies! Have a great new year and good luck with EveRythInG this year, it is a big one! If I can tell you one thing--enjoy student life! It will never be like that again.:)

John and Jada McFarlane said...

This year is going to bring so much change! Good luck, we miss you guys and hope that everything goes well for you this year.