Monday, January 5, 2009

We.Are.Family!



My dear friend Kirstin and I have known each other for 2 1/2 years and as of December 27th we can call each other family! My sister married her cousin. Crazy, huh?! Ok, so I am sure there is technically no name for our relationship to each other, but we like to claim we are family. 

This last Saturday we decided to surprise Alli and Nic by driving down to Medford for their open house. They were both pleasantly surprised to see us. We had lots of good conversation on the 4 1/2 hour drive down, met up with my parents at a delicious pizza joint called Kaleidoscope, hit up the open house, and then turned around and drove back that same night, pulling in at 1:15am. It was well worth it. A special thanks to Joanne, Kirstin's mom, for driving. 


As a side note, my good friend from high school, Tory, and I are now related too. My sister and Tory's sister are sister-in-laws. Again, I am sure there is no official name for that, but I like to claim her as family too! :)

6 comments:

Kirstin said...

What a fun trip! Is it possible I could love you more now? Thanks for coming with me.

Tory said...

I am pretty sure it just makes us sisters. Kind of like if a=b, b=c and c=d...then a=d. So if Molly and I are sisters, Molly and Alli are sisters, and you and Alli are sisters...then we must be sisters too! That makes sense, right?

suzanne said...

Thank you so much for coming down! It was soooooo great to see you! Enjoyed meeting Kirsten and her mom! I guess I'm related to them all now too! YAY!

mom-jayne said...

What a good sister you are!!! That is so cool of you to make your way down and then turn right around and go back. The pizza joint is great-huh? We ate there just before we got on our plane back to Phoenix last week. The pics are beautiful. I'm glad all went well. I guess in a very removed way...I'm related to them all to--whoever they are!! haha

nison (nic + allison) said...

Thank you so much for coming! I really appreciated! Step it up Sumo! haha Kidding! Love you both...Thank you again for the wonderful surprise!

Kara said...

We are all family in K-town. Seriously. I am kind of related to a lot of people now.