Monday my mom drove over to play while my dad was in meetings. We spent a lot of time at Fabric Depot. It has even inspired me to whip out my sewing machine. Then we went to lunch so the kids could run around. During nap time we made two angel food cakes. They are to die for good!! My dad joined us in the afternoon and Jefferson even got home early. We made a trip to the store, made delicious cheesy potato soup and enjoyed some family time. After dinner my mom and I headed off to my old lady card club while the menfolk stayed home and took care of the kiddies, including putting them to bed. Old lady card club was a riot as always. I just seem to fit in better with old people... hmmmm. Then my mom and I raced back over to Fabric Depot for about another half hour before it closed. When we got home from our late night fabric run we ate angel food cake and played Five Crowns again. I again got slaughtered at my own game. This time my mom creamed us all.
This morning we met up for breakfast at this little old "shack" called "Gateway Breakfast House." It was delicious. I am pretty sure that it has been there for a good 50 years and they haven't changed one thing about it. The decor was rockin'! After breakfast, you guessed it, we went to Fabric Depot. My mom is out of control with all of her sewing projects. After about an hour there my parents had to hit the road home.
It was so fun to have them here for the short 36 or so hours. My kids just love having their grandparents come and play and I love the diversion to our regular routine.
In other news, I have started to feel our little baby move. I have thought I have felt him/her a few times in the last couple of days, especially when I am laying down at night. But this afternoon, it is for sure baby moving in there. I forget how magical and fun it is to feel life inside of me! Maybe this will help me remember that I am pregnant. :)
12 comments:
So glad you got to spend time with your parents! I can't wait to see your little growing belly on Thursday!
Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see what you create. :) And so glad to hear that you are feeling baby! That's the best feeling ever!
we LOVE 5 crowns!! maybe we can play sometime! lol
Sounds like a wonderful time! I'm so happy you got to spend time with your parents. I know what its like to live apart from my the fam. Its tough, but the love is always strong!
I fit in better with old people too! Love 'em!
What a fun time! Can't wait to see what your mom, or youself, create with what must be yards and yards of fabric! And your feeling continuous kicks and movement now...yay! It truly is a great feeling...babies in the belly...we are so lucky!
Yay! Someone wants to take part in my arts and crafts! Would you like a present for you or your new baby?
I had such a great time! Love those kids and they make me feel loved back! Love you and Jefferson too! Loved Fabric Depot! Loved breakfast! Loved old ladies club - I've always fit in better with the old ones.........
Glad baby Harmon is alive and well in your belly!
Oh the "baby bubbles" so amazing.
I can't wait to share in the fun with you and kiddies this weekend!...So fun about the baby moving! I want to feel a baby move in my stomach...maybe later on down the road. ;)
Isn't it nice to have the parents with you? I just love having my parents around, and now that I'm older I find that I need them more and more.
Those baby flutters, they are just the greatest. I think I miss that the very most about being preggo. I'm banking on a boy, but a little sweet pea would be okay too!
Congratulations on baby number three!! I need your email so I can invite you to my blog and you can see pictures of my little boy! Being a mom is the best:)
Post a Comment