Sunday, March 1, 2009

weekend update

It's been a fun weekend. Last night we got to go to the temple and do sealings. It is always so fun to be in the temple with Jefferson, but even more fun to hear the sealing ceremony over again and to be reminded of all the amazing blessings we have been promised, the best of which is that we get to be together for eternity!! I love the temple. 

Saturdays are my favorite because we get to sleep in and we always have a hot breakfast as a family. It's the one morning Jefferson isn't out the door by 6am. After breakfast Jefferson needed to study so the kids and I just lounged in our sweats, watched a movie, and made brownies. It was divine. I got to go grocery shopping by myself during nap time- Hallelujah!- and then we had the missionaries over for dinner. It's always nice to have them over and have them remind us to be doing our missionary work. After the missionaries left our friends, the Dovers, came over to watch our kids, or rather our house while the kids were sleeping, and we went to play games with some chiropractic friends. We played "Scene It" on the xbox. If you haven't played that, I highly recommend it. We also played Mario Cart (of course), and then some American Idol. It really is a riot. 

In other news: My "best friend" moved out!!! Ok, she kind of got kicked out. This is the best news of my week!!! I don't think anyone will understand how much easier this will make my life. It will be sad not seeing her out there at 10 am drinking, or hearing her kids run around the parking lot unattended at 11 at night, or having her call and make false claims about what is or isn't being done around here, not to mention not having to deal with her over protective, under informed, oblivious mother who doesn't know when to stay out of other people's business, or to have her ghetto friends in drunken yelling matches at 2am, or not having to call the cops multiple times a month... so sad. :) I wish her kids the best; they need it. I will sleep easier tonight knowing her apartment is vacant. Glorious day. 

To top off this awesome piece of news, I filled 4 of my 5 vacant units this week. Plus I get a bonus for every one of those approved applications. Hip, hip, hooray!

10 comments:

suzanne said...

Hippy Hooray! Glad your 'friend' is gone. What a sad life for her kiddies. I remember her smoking in the parking lot while she was prego! How can people be so misinformed or stupid.............

Jeff and Amy said...

Ah, the joys of apartment managing. Congrats on getting rid of her and filling all those apartments! Just think, not much longer and then you don't have to work there anymore!

Dyan said...

Isn't it great the ways we're blessed when we're living right!

Anonymous said...

oh you told me about her!! lol
that must feel Soooooooooooo good!! your life will definitely be easier now! thank again for stopping by :)

Maren B said...

Wow, congratulations! It's so great to have a week like that.

nison (nic + allison) said...

Yay on all accounts! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Hopefully I get to see you soon...

Trujillo family said...

It's great you did the open house!! J/K What a nice weekend and it is always nice to go to the temple. We missed you guys at playgroup today. Hope everyone gets feeling better.

Diana said...

You must teach me how to deal with the 2 am drunken brawls and ghetto kids running around screaming all the time. I am almost jealous you are home free now. Enjoy it!!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your bff leaving that place..so sad haha. I hate those kinds of neighbors. Way crazy. Sounds like you guys had a way fun weekend. When do you find out what you are having?

Trishelle said...

How great that you got to go on a date to the temple. It's amazing how those can be the best kind of dates!

As for filling your units, congrats! That is awesome!

As for your lovely little 'friend', I'm relieved for you, your lungs and your nighttime serenity.