This was by far the best musical I have EVER seen!! I have seen some good ones, but everything about Wicked was phenomenal! The storyline is so clever and witty and funny. The music is amazing. The costumes were fabulous, I wanted to be part of the ensemble on a number of occasions. And lastly, the cast could not have sung better or fit their parts better; namely Elphaba. This woman was INCREDIBLE!! I would give up my right eye to be able to sing like her, not even kidding. She was fabulous. I just wanted to sit and listen to her sing all night. I wanted to immediately go back in and watch the whole thing again. LOVED IT!!!Alli came up on Saturday afternoon and we bummed around with the kids for a bit. Then we scarfed down dinner, got ready, and headed to the theater. We were early so we walked around downtown for a few and then met up with Robyn and Allison and their husbands. It was so fun to have somebody who appreciates music and shows there with me. We both just smiled through the whole show. We had a great time!! I am trying to talk her into coming back up to go to the ballet with me. Not sure I can convince Jefferson to go with me. :) Alli helped me wrangle kids today at stake conference and then she had to hit the road. I am so glad she made the trip up. I think she would agree that the show was worth the drive!
I will be "flying high" from this musical for a long time!
10 comments:
Sounds amazing! I'm glad you guys had a good time! Wish I was there to go to the ballet with you!
(You're missing one sister from your pictures!)
So glad you liked it! But really, how could you not?! It's SUCH a good show! And how fun that Alli got to visit and see it with ya!
Thank you again so much for letting me come with you! I'm so glad I got to see it with you! AMAZING!!!
It was such a fun evening; I have been singing little bits from the show all weekend! I will go to the ballet with you anytime you want! There is a performance in early June featuring Jerome Robbins' work...that would be fun!
I have always wanted to see that show!
i love it so much too! no words can really describe it.
Sounds awesome! I can't wait until we go next week!! :)
I have but 1 word for you...P-O-P-U-L-A-R...love that song. I listen to it all the time! :)
okay it is my dream to one day get to go and see this show. i have read the book, i have the music on c.d. and i have the piano music for it. glad you liked it so much i've heard thats its amazing.
I'm so glad you liked it. It makes me more pumped to see it b/c I know you have such good taste for music. My entire family, including my grandparents are coming up to see it at the end of this month. Can't wait!
Post a Comment