Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Festival


We went to the Farmstead Festival today, which is just down the road from us. I do love that we have managed to find a town that is part of a city, but still has access to nature/farms/not city. Anyways, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite the frigid cold weather, which, by the way, I was not expecting. The trip was made even more enjoyable because my brother Sam and his cute pregnant wife Nikki came to town to visit.
The price was a little steep to get in, initially, I thought, until I discovered that all my kids got in free and that everything was included in the price, hayrides, corn maze, jump pillow, cow train, "race car" course, corn box, pony rides... The jump pillow was definitely a favorite. I was wearing Tay in the Bjorn, which left Jefferson to bounce the two toddlers by his lonesome. We enjoyed watching and taking pictures from the sideline. Carter was super sad when we had to move on, but got over that real quick when we pointed out the cow train.
We managed to avoid any crowds by arriving a bit earlier, and the fact that it was only 40 degrees might have had something to do with that too. Anyways, my two munchkins were the only ones on the cow train. They thought they were pretty cool and Andi waved the whole time like she was in a parade. Not sure where she learned that one, but it was pretty cute.
Of course there were animals to look at and they even had some saddles set up that you could sit on and attempt to lasso the hay steer.
The corn maze was a blast for the kids. Us adults were so cold that we just wanted to get in and out, but Carter and Andi loved running in front leading the way.

Finally a chair big enough for my brother! He's 6'7". (His wife Nikki, not so much) :)
The hayride was a bit bumpy. And by "a bit" I mean, we all practically had whip lash and needed and got adjustments from the doctor after the day was done. Nikki and I giggled pretty good because of it.
Oh yes, and then there was the pig race to finish the day. They crack me up. Carter was pretty upset that he wasn't chosen to be a "squeal leader" and we left the festival dragging Carter while screaming that he wanted a pig nose too. (if your pig won as a squeal leader, you got a pig nose). All in all it was a very fun day and worth the price of admission and withstanding the cool temperatures.
Many of the pictures were courtesy of Sam & Nikki
(Your Vantage Photography)
Thanks!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

How fun to have a visit from Sam and Nikki! We were sad to not have you guys to go with the the pumpkin patch with. But, it looks like you guys found a great one there....everything looks so fun! Super cold though.....brrrr!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like such a fun time! I can't believe how many great activities there were for the kids!

Dyan said...

Glad you went for blogging other than the other things listed in your email! :) I love the pic of Jefferson and the kids on the bounce thing...their shadows and then the corn in the back...I just think it's neat looking. What a fun time, I love all the fall festivities!

Momma K said...

Love the photos! That sounds almost exactly like the rundown of OUR Saturday. Too fun! Glad your finding your way around the new digs!!

The Bell Family said...

Looks like it was fun and quite cold. I must say that Carter is quite the little looker, that one photo of just him looking into the camara, watch out when he is in high school. I think he'll have quite the following of girls.