Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Saturday @ Home

One of the biggest difference between Jefferson and I that we are constantly trying to rectify is that I love to go out and do things. Even if it's just going on a walk or to the park. Jefferson, however, just wants to be at home, probably because he's gone all day every day. Our kids do better when they have things to do, or if we get out of the house for a little bit. Luckily on Saturday we had some nice weather, finally. We were able to keep our day decently busy while staying at home. The kids spent a lot of time on the trampoline, of course, and then we set up our new sprinkler. It was a hit.Then we made cookies.
And Jefferson said he wanted to be in charge of dinner. This is literally a first. He chose a recipe, went and bought all the ingredients and made some of the yummiest ribs ever! I was super impressed and so thankful that I didn't have to decide what we were having (probably the hardest part) or shop, prep, or cook dinner. Aaaaah. So nice. Thank you dear hubby of mine.

2 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That is always the struggle with Josh and I, too! I sure wish we had a yard! At least we have parks close, right? :)

Sharon said...

Sounds a lot like our weekend! Looks like your kids had fun outside....we can't get enough of the sun! Can't wait for us all to be able to play in less than a month!