Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Eggs & Strawberries

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We pretty much celebrate anything that will break up the monotony of our days, so today was definitely a day to celebrate. We started with green eggs, english muffins, and strawberries. The kids, of course, did not know what we were celebrating, but certainly loved the green eggs. It was one of the first things that Carter told Dad about when he got home tonight.

We all made sure to wear our green shirts so as not to get pinched. 


And for a little art project we decorated our clovers. The kids loved it.... it was something different.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

So fun! We had a green eggs and green pancakes for breakfast, but my boys were not excited about the green eggs! I love your little clovers.....super cute idea!

suzanne said...

Andi looks so serious! DANG! Too too cute! Miss you all!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Sounds like you had a fun day with your kiddies! I can't wait until Reece is old enough to do holiday stuff like that!

Shauna said...

cute stuff!

dkkemp said...

You are too much fun! I love the green eggs and I can't wait for Tyson to start coloring rather than eating the markers and crayons!

Jenny said...

Look at you...super mom! How adorable are you guys?

Maylin said...

Very fun! I (err...the leprechauns) dyed our milk green. Galla and Finn thought it was so cool and they were both drinking a ton of milk at breakfast. I started thinking, "maybe I oughta give the milk a different color all the time so as to encourage them to drink it." Then Galla spilled it all over the carpet (carpet in the dining area again--really?). Needless to say, green milk is a lot harder to clean off of carpet than white milk. I think we'll stick with white.

Dyan said...

too bad we're not Irish! maybe you have it on the Stewart side? regardless, I'm with you, anything to break up the ordinary and make any day feel special and different from the one before and the one before that, ect! :)

Taryn said...

What a fun day! Everyone looks so cute in their green outfits. Did you teach them to say, "Kiss me, I'm Irish!" for the day? hee hee... that would be so cute!

Heather Palmer said...

We are celebrators too! I love your green eggs. We did green lassagne. I know it sounds wierd...and I probably spelled it wrong.
We are coming to Oregon in May. We want to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

the clovers are such a great idea! I'm gonna have to remember that!